Waterford, PA - Quality Control Technician - Mid Shift
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician – Mid Shift (3:00 pm – 11:00 pm)
Shearer’s Snacks in Waterford, Pennsylvania is currently seeking a skilled Quality Assurance Technician who is eager to work in a challenging, fast-paced manufacturing environment on our Mid Shift.
Summary of Position: The objective of the position of a Quality Assurance Technician is to analyze finished products for conformance to specifications and to monitor aspects of the production process affecting food safety and finished product quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Quality Assurance Technician position is accountable for the following:
- Collect and test samples from each production line for conformance to the finished product standards.
- Test free fatty acid levels of fryer oils according to schedule
- Document and record all test results. Perform re-checks as appropriate.
- Communicate the test results to the operators, leads and supervisors.
- Aid in making improvements in quality when necessary.
- Ensure out-of-spec product is placed on hold and/or appropriately disposed.
- Examine finished products for conformance to the appropriate packaging standards.
- Conduct product sensory testing.
- Perform metal detector verification.
- Review production paperwork, including HACCP verifications.
- Gather and manage production retains.
- Assist other Quality Lab team
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a High School diploma or G.E.D, and prior experience in quality lab or quality position a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to think beyond the plan, and be able to work independently
- Learning, memorizing, and executing a sequence of procedures.
- Willing and able to get along with others.
- Good judgment and reasoning abilities.
- Strong reading, math and computer skills.
- Good attention to detail
- Frequent standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Occasional climbing of stairs
- Occasional bending, stooping, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Occasional climbing and reaching above shoulder level
- Occasional squatting
- Able to lift 30 lbs
The Quality Assurance Department is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
- Exposure to high temperatures
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Loud noise level
EEO/ Drug Free Employer