Shearer’s Foods is a privately held producer and marketer of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, as well as other “private labels.” Additionally, we utilize our unique manufacturing expertise and serve as a strategic supplier to other nationally recognized brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business.
The Shift Supervisor, for the Phoenix, AZ. Warehouse is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating all warehouse production and systematic functions of their respective shift, including direct responsibility for shift team members, lead(s) and planner(s). They will report to the Phoenix, AZ. Shift Supervisor.
Daily duties and responsibilities
· Supervise teams handling In-bound materials and Out-bound finished goods
· Walk the floor to assure team members are performing work as assigned.
· Facilitate communication between departments (Production, IC, Quality, Maintenance)
· Facilitate shift hand-off meetings and present metrics to team memebrs (KPI’s).
Office responsibilities (25% of daily time)
· Check in with the load planner and shipping clerk each hour
· Monitor the load schedule to ensure on time service
· Complete E-time/ Attendance
· Complete all new hire and transferred associates training and development documents.
Floor responsibilities (75% of daily time)
· Ensure PPE is being used
· Assure Hourly performance by team members
· Ensure compliance of GMP’s
· Check for completion of PIT inspection books
· New hire/transfer onboarding (JSA, Site Orientation, etc….)
· Review, investigate and complete Safety Incident Reports
· Recognize what to do in the event of an injury or incident by using the Phoenix Escalation Procedure
· Other duties as assigned