The Maintenance Manager/ will serve as a technical adviser for the Manufacturing site Leadership Team. This position will lead the maintenance team in implementing Shearer’s maintenance and reliability strategy aimed at reducing breakdowns and extending manufacturing equipment life while maximizing labor and cost efficiency. This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership in support of Shearer’s Production System objectives, and ensuring full utilization of all maintenance information systems and oversee engineering functions within the plant. This position reports to the Plant Director.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Direct the efficient maintenance and improvement, installation, and safe operation of food processing equipment in compliance with company, State, and Federal policies; procedures, and regulations including OSHA, FDA, SQF, AIB, EPA, GMP, NFPA, NEC and other code and regulatory agencies.
- Work with the operations team to establish production line operating metrics such as efficiencies, up time and reliability.
- Provide Technical support (related to reliability / maintenance services) for all production equipment throughout the facility.
- Assure lines are mechanically capable of meeting design operating rates and reliability, and improve up time and reliability for all lines.
- Maintain an organized, accurate MRO Storeroom with an appropriate and adequate supply of inventory and parts.
- Identifies and develops plans to improve equipment designs or department procedures to maximize asset availability.
- Drives Plant Proactive Maintenance, including programs, such as effective preventive and predictive maintenance programs, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), maintenance planning and scheduling, root cause analysis, improvement through Lean Six Sigma techniques and other best practices.
- Optimize cost through effective budget planning and management. Identify and implement cost saving ideas for facility maintenance.
- Interface with vendors and contractors providing services to the facility to ensure company needs are met.
- Interface with associates in manufacturing, warehouse, planning, engineering, QA and other departments or improvement teams as needed as a technical resource.
- Responsible for a team of technicians including performance and compensation management, training, coaching, discipline and career development.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by Plant Management. Other duties may be assigned due to business needs or special circumstances which may require reassignment to other departments or other job duties.
Desired Technical/Functional Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or project engineering, preferably in the food processing and consumer packaged goods industries
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory and people management experience
- CMRP preferred with understanding of asset management best practices
- Significant hands on experience in leading maintenance teams.
- Significant record of achievement with regard to lean manufacturing support, continuous improvement, and breakdown reduction.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to perform data manipulation and analysis using Microsoft Office suite.
- Applicable systems and software knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create a culture of accountability and cross departmental teamwork.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related with at least 8 years’ experience with industrial maintenance supervision and management (preferably in food processing); OR
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related with at least 5 years’ experience with industrial maintenance supervision and management(preferably in food processing); OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in management (preferably in food processing).
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation