Shearer’s Potato Chip Macaroni & Cheese
If you love macaroni and cheese as much as we do, we’ve got a recipe for you. Shearer’s Salt and Pepper Kettle chips combine with three—yes three!—creamy cheeses for a perfect comfort food classic. Perfect for chilly spring nights, whip up this recipe tonight and we’re willing to bet it will turn into a new family favorite!
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
16 oz. box macaroni pasta 6 slices bacon 1 Large shallot, minced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms 1 cup frozen peas 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk 1 large egg 1 1/2 cup Shearer's Sea Salt & Pepper Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Cook bacon until it begins to brown, but not crisp. Add shallot and garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and peas and cook until mushrooms become tender.
- Remove bacon mixture from heat and use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb the grease.
- Combine cheddar, Swiss, and ½ cup Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl. Stir in warm pasta and bacon mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine evaporated milk and egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture over pasta and stir until well combined.
- Pour pasta into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Combine the remaining Parmesan with the potato chips and sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve hot.
Jennifer 7/7/2016 3:32:39 PMWe love making this at our house. and it makes for great leftovers! :)