Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Shearer’s Foods has eleven manufacturing facilities across the footprint. As a member of the corporate financial planning and analysis team, the Senior Financial Analyst will focus on supporting three of the eleven facilities. This position will be a key support resource for management at the manufacturing facilities. Key areas of responsibility include monthly forecasting, weekly reporting, and yearly budgeting. This position will report to the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain analytical tools utilizing statistical data to identify opportunities for improvement and consistency across multiple manufacturing locations.
- Develop, compile and distribute the scorecards to management communicating summarized key insights to drive forward looking strategic planning
- Review daily production journal entries.
- Provide plant management support to analyze and identify the drivers of variances and ensure data accuracy.
- Conduct an on-site quarterly review working directly with the plant leadership team
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Support special projects and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Provide direct coaching to Plant Managers and appropriate support team members to develop financial acumen and capability in daily decision making and long term planning
- Assists in the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting and operational planning
- Maintain flexible and “can-do” attitude in managing multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Major required.
- Relevant experience required in public accounting and/or industry. Work experience in cost accounting, analytics and/or strategic business consulting is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment.
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Flexible work schedule to meet deadlines.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation