The Sanitation Technician maintains a clean safe work environment to include all company property; inside and outside company premises with specialty training of equipment cleaning in compliance with company Food Safety standards and procedures. The purpose of this form is to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. While it is a comprehensive description, it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
• Effectively cleans food manufacturing production equipment.
• Understands and follows all assigned tasks and abides by all safety requirements.
• Continually meets our commitment to achieve superior service and cleaning levels.
• Inspects equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
• Cleans specific pieces of equipment by tearing down equipment, cleaning with appropriate chemicals and re-assembling equipment.
• Performs inspections on equipment cleaned, to verify cleaning effectiveness.
• Ensures compliance with work instructions, standards & product specifications.
• Ensures compliance to all safety & environmental regulations are achieved & provides direction to team to accomplish these goals.
• Performs wash downs for change over’s and shut downs.
• Performs essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Management.
• As need dictates, both assigned shift and work location may be changed by management.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 1-2 years experience in sanitation or related field preferred.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to operate cleaning equipment and manage time safely and without damage.
• Ability to work with pressure washers, floor scrubbers, sanitizing chemicals etc.
• Must have experience working in a GMP environment doing manufacturing or sanitation.
• Must be knowledgeable in areas of chemical usage with a Food Manufacturing facility.
• Must be able to lift at least 50+ lbs, able to stand on feet for the shift, able to be physically active and work on a ladder or at heights.
• Knowledge of proper Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) use as it applies to chemical usage.
• Basic written and verbal skills.
• Multi-tasking & attention to detail skills required.
• Must be able to understand and follow verbal or written communications.
- Lifts up to 90 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to handle items in excess of 90 lbs., up to 105 lbs.
It is the responsibility of the individual employee to never lift beyond his/her own safe lifting limit. If the employee feels that an item is too heavy to lift, push/pull, and/or carry, the employee must: (1) break the item down into lighter/smaller, more manageable components, which he/she is comfortable with safely handling (if applicable); (2) ask for assistance from another worker; or (3) ask for assistance from a supervisor/manager.
* Possible exposure to food allergens such as peanuts, walnuts, soy, eggs, milk and wheat. *
Shearer’s provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.