Sanitation Supervisor - Phoenix
**Please note the hours for this position: Fridays-Sundays from 6pm-6am and Mondays from 4am-8am.
The Company offers its customers a unique value proposition that includes innovation, product development, manufacturing, and category management expertise.
- Because of the unique business model and value proposition, Shearer’s Snacks has very few competitors that match its total portfolio of capabilities.
Drivers of Growth/”Reasons to Believe”
- Shearer’s Snacks has more than quadrupled its growth over the last 10 years through strategic acquisition and organic growth, making it the leading private label and contract manufacturer of salty snacks, cookies, and crackers.
- The Company is a strategic supplier to a diverse customer base of leading retailers and branded snack food companies.
- Product innovation, technical product development, and category management are important and significant capabilities and set Shearer’s apart from its smaller competitors in establishing a value proposition in the market place.
Under the direction of the Food Safety/Quality Assurance manager, this position supervises and coordinates activities of sanitation technicians engaged in conducting bi-weekly sanitation activities and cleaning functions. This individual will be responsible for the Master Cleaning Schedule and product changeovers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance to Shearer’s safety policies and procedures including LOTO, proper PPE, and chemical safety
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all sanitation work
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation issues and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, water supply, or work practices
- Compiles reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps take to resolve deficiencies.
- Liaison for all pest control issues relating to internal reports and/or service reports provided
- by the third party pest control provider
- Supports, coaches, mentors and develops team members
- Utilize problem solving tools such as 5Ys and the Fishbone diagram
- Review of all spending in alignment with stated budget
- Four year degree in a related technical field such as engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- Two years of experience in sanitation management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage hourly sanitation techs in executing complex, projects, and improvements.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
- Be part of a values based culture where people and communities are considered important stakeholders and respect, teamwork, and giving back are key cultural guideposts.
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting difference.
- Work and standout in a flat, non-bureaucratic environment that values action orientation and speed of decision making.
- Supported by a leading private equity investor that supports growth through significant capital investment.
- Excellent benefits with some free prescription drug options and free preventative care
- Culture that promotes wellness with programs and incentives.