Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
The Company offers its customers a unique value proposition that includes innovation, product development, manufacturing, and category management expertise.
• Because of the unique business model and value proposition, Shearer’s Snacks has very few competitors that match its total portfolio of capabilities.
Drivers of Growth/”Reasons to Believe”
• Shearer’s Snacks has more than quadrupled its growth over the last 10 years through strategic acquisition and organic growth, making it the leading private label and contract manufacturer of salty snacks, cookies, and crackers.
• The Company is a strategic supplier to a diverse customer base of leading retailers and branded snack food companies.
• Product innovation, technical product development, and category management are important and significant capabilities and set Shearer’s apart from its smaller competitors in establishing a value proposition in the market place.
Under the direction of the Food Safety/Quality Assurance manager, the Sanitation Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of sanitation technicians engaged in conducting sanitation activities involved with bi-weekly cleaning functions, Master Cleaning Schedule tasks, and changeovers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance to Shearer’s safety policies and procedures including LOTO, proper PPE, and chemical safety
• Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes
• Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all sanitation work
• Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation issues and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, water supply, or work practices
• Compiles reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps take to resolve deficiencies.
• Liaison for all pest control issues relating to internal reports and/or service reports provided by the third party pest control provider
• Supports, coaches, mentors and develops team members
• Utilize problem solving tools such as 5Ys and the Fishbone diagram
• Review of all spending in alignment with stated budget
• Four year degree in a related technical field such as engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
• Two years of experience in sanitation management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Effective mechanical aptitude.
• Demonstrated ability to manage hourly sanitation techs in executing complex, projects, and improvements.
• Ability to work a varied schedule.
Shearer’s provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.