Sanitarian - Weekend
Shearers Snacks is a privately held producer and marketer of quality snack foods sold in the US and international markets under the following brands: Shearers, Rice Works, Granny Goose, Thin & Crispy as well as other private label brands.
Position Title: Weekend Sanitarian, Saturday & Sunday 7 am - 7 pm
Wage: 0-1040 hours worked $22.46, 1041 hours forward $24.46
Keep areas in production and non-production departments in clean and orderly condition according to Food Safety and Food Quality and Suppliers standards.
- Adhere to master sanitation schedule, completing work orders and paperwork as directed
- Work to prevent product contamination
- Mix, handle, and transport chemicals in a safe manner
- Operate machinery in order to clean production and non-production (example: scissor lift, boom lift and floor scrubbing equipment). Have a thorough knowledge of all safety policies related to Fall Arrest and working safely at height
- Proficient in the operation of machinery, including disassembly and reassembly of certain equipment.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of separation of food and non-food contact tools, equipment, and production areas along with strict adherence to allergen cross-contamination rules and procedures
- Handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as MSDS, SSOP’s etc.
- Proficient in identifying potential issues related to micro-organism, allergen, and other potential contamination sources.
Shearer’s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
We are pleased that you are interested in joining our organization. The on-line application will take approximately 20 minutes. You will be asked a standard set of questions similar to those that you would find on an employment application.
The individual applying for the position must complete this on-line application personally. You will also be asked to provide work history information, so please refer to your resume when completing this on-line application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.