Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
The Company offers its customers a unique value proposition that includes innovation, product development, manufacturing, and category management expertise.
This role is accountable for leading a comprehensive factory safety and wellness process using a proactive approach. This role has an overall responsibility for leading with factory management the factory’s number one priority; the safety and well-being of all team members.
• Lead a caring safety culture that is focused on people
• Lead processes necessary to ensure a safe working environment
• Lead the facility to meet or exceed established corporate safety goals aligned with business need
• Lead processes necessary to be compliant with applicable federal, state and local safety requirements
• Lead programs to promote safe behaviors throughout the facility
• Lead programs to correct unsafe acts and unsafe conditions with the workplace
• Financial Controls and Budgeting: Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to maintain a safety budget with an emphasis on practical business and financial responsibility
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Coaching and Leading others
• Caring positive approach
• Motivating others
• Wholes systems thinking
• Managing projects and processes
• Bachelor degree in Safety and Environmental Management or similar
• Experience influencing and training large manufacturing teams and management to promote and lead by example a safe work environment and to always remain in compliance with all legal and company safety regulations.
• Four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to lead others
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels
• Knowledge of OSHA and other State/Federal requirements
• Ability to work flexible schedule
Shearer’s provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.