Regional Business Manager - WEST
The Western Region Business Manager will have the responsibility for managing and coordinating the Branded and Private Label activities for each of his/her customer. He or she will be responsible for directing, developing and coordinating all aspects of sales and customer development. Emphasis will be building market share, expanding distribution and implementing retail programs that will not only meet our customer requirements but ensure our retail relevance. He or she will also be responsible for assisting management in developing the strategic direction we will take with each customer. This person must be a strong leader with the ability to motivate, take risks and make decisions quickly but with good judgment. This person must have a strong degree of energy with a results oriented mindset. This person will need to be a disciplined planner and implementer with strategic thinking ability.
- Acts as primary selling interface at customers Headquarters as well as field interface with Senior Director National Sales and Shearer’s corporate.
- Responsible for the execution of the customer annual planning process.
- Drives clear collaborative communication of all objectives for assigned customers across and into the sales organization, ensuring execution excellence in all geographies.
- Develops, plans and executes sales initiatives that achieve delivery of planned volume, revenue and profit objectives. Works cross functionally to develop annual plans and strategies.
- Coordinates all service issues within assigned accounts keeping accounts up-to-date on promotions, pricing and other events.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed product expansion. Analyzes sales statistics against forecast and budgets, analyzes trends and potential opportunities.
- Ability to work cross functionally with the finance, product management, operations, quality assurance, and customer service and logistics teams.
- May perform other duties as required.
- BS/BA with 10+ years of related experience.
- Must be organized, dependable, self-motivated, professional person with the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Have consumer grocery retail experience.
- Directly managed key retail clients including all levels of account management.
- Successfully develop sales plans and execute them via an effective sales strategy.
- Documented success in launching and selling product to the Grocery trade for branded and private branded labels.
- Demonstrated success in category management for key accounts.
- Must be completely PC proficient, able to develop his/her own oral and visual presentations, spread sheets and general correspondence.
- 50% travel required
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation