Lubbock/ Production Supervisor
Shearer’s Snacks is a privately held producer and marketer of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, as well as other “private labels.” Additionally, we utilize our unique manufacturing expertise and serve as a strategic supplier to other nationally recognized brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business.
Career Opportunity: Production Supervisor - Lubbock, TX
Directly supervises all Production Associates on the respective shift in the Processing and Packaging departments. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and training for efficient, maximum utilization of available resources.
- Maintains responsibility for monitoring and maintaining effective cost controls, in regards to efficiencies, waste, pounds/hour, overtime, and crewing. Adheres to budgetary guidelines as established by plant Management.
- Maintains responsibility for overseeing maintenance of acceptable standards of sanitation within the plant and its immediate surroundings outside perimeters of operation.
- Maintains open communications between adjoining shift supervision to insure smooth transition of operation from shift to shift. Communicates with support departments (Q.A., Human Resources, etc.) as needed.
- Maintains responsibility for keeping processed and packaged items within established quality standards.
- Monitors and maintains equipment speeds at established production specifications.
- Ensures completion of all forms, paperwork and records on a timely basis.
- Maximizes production efficiency and yields by constant attention to shift operating equipment and people, minimizing downtime by coordinating most effective change-over procedures and providing guidance to maintenance to insure most efficient coordination of plant functions during shift operations.
- Maintains responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the corporate safety program for the respective shift.
- Maintains responsibility for overall security and general welfare of the plant during the respective shift.
- Maintains responsibility for associate complaint resolution and the implementation of and adherence to the corporate progressive disciplinary program for the respective shift.
- Optimize product quality by identifying and correcting process variability.
- Maintains and enhances the non-union participative work environment we have established.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by Plant Management. Other duties may be assigned due to business needs or special circumstances which may require reassignment to other departments or other job duties.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have valid Driver's License. AIB Certificate or team based training a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university, preferably in Operations Management, Engineering or Business Administration; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in supervision (preferably in food processing).
EEO/ Drug Free Employer