The Plant Production/Finite Scheduler is responsible for developing monthly and weekly production schedules in order to match plant operating capacity with customer needs through coordination with corporate headquarters thereby ensuring the optimization of the production process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The plant Production/Finite Scheduler position is accountable for acting as the interface between the plant operations, maintenance, sanitation, procurement teams and the corporate scheduling, customer service, sales and operations planning teams. This individual will be responsible for assessing plant capacity opportunities or restrictions and using this information to coordinate with thee corporate team ensuing customer service goals are met while still ensuring optimization of the plant manufacturing process.
• Coordinates production schedules with plant operating capacities.
• Works with Customer Service to understand customer requirements
• Develops specific production schedule that aligns with customer orders and optimize plant productivity
• Utilizes existing ERP process and protocols in conjunction with alternative methods to communicate the specific schedule to the plant operations, maintenance, Sanitation and purchasing departments.
• Monitors progress, adjusts schedules when needed and communicates status and changes to Customer Service, plant operations, Warehousing/ Distribution, and other groups as necessary
• Develops ideas for continuous improvement in order to optimize planning, manufacturing, preventative maintenance and sanitation process.
• Reviews documents such as production schedules and work orders to determine personnel or material requirements or material priorities and collaborates with both the plant and corporate teams to ensure minimal impact to both plant operations and customers.
• Work with Plant and corporate for delivery or distribution of supplies to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules
• Confers with department managers and supervisors to assess progress and discuss needed changes
• Collaborates with plant improvement team to establish 3-5 year throughput glidepaths
• Compiles and relays glidepath date to S&OP team for capacity analysis
• Collaborates with the plant operations, maintenance, quality, sanitation, planned downtime, and personnel needs.
• Examines documents, materials or products and monitors work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Calculates figures such as required amounts of materials, manufacturing costs, wages, using pricing schedules, excel spreadsheets, pivot tables, etc.
• Compiles information such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information so thee status reports can be completed.
• Plans production commitments for busi8ness unites, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts
• Provides documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
• Performs additional related duties as needed
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in Planning and Scheduling in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with ERP systems and tools
• APICS certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of business and management principles used in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination or people and resources.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
• Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods including relative costs and benefits
• Knowledge of economic and accounting princi0ples and practices
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services such as customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Ability to develop a detailed understanding of manufacturing capabilities and capacities
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills, both oral and written
• Organizational skills
• Computer skills
• Ability to train others
• Ability to manage team members in executing programs
Shearer’s provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.