Plant Finance Manager
We're growing! As a key member of the Finance Leadership team, the Plant Finance Manager will support the Perham plant and be located in Perham, MN.
You will provide support to the Plant Director and their respective operation teams (production, maintenance, supply chain/logistics, etc.). In addition to supporting the manufacturing facilities, this role will partner with the Plant Continuous Improvement team, HQ Finance/Accounting teams and will participate in special projects and corporate initiatives.
Primary areas of responsibility include building cross-functional business partnerships, financial analysis and planning (weekly, monthly, annual), variance analysis, monthly and weekly reporting and forecasting, review of standard product costing models, evaluation of plant’s productivity targets, review of the weekly production accounting process, cost center reviews and month-end journal entries, special projects and ensure a strong internal controls environment at the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support delivery of financial targets for the plant by developing controllable cost productivity pipeline, analyzing costs to drive reductions, creating action plans to close gaps.
- Support capital process by providing financial inputs, monitoring capital spending vs. budget, review and analyze productivity savings for projects.
- Work with HQ Supply Chain Finance and HQ Product costing groups as required to develop new product costing models; monitor and analyze new product startups at plant. Ensure consistent approach across manufacturing facilities.
- Develop Annual Budget (OPC – Operating Plan Commitment) based on using standard templates from HQ Supply Chain Finance, while ensuring accurate costs by department/cost component and accurate creation of financial standards (BOM). Aid HQ Supply Chain Finance Director and Senior Manager in target setting across manufacturing facilities.
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility in Product Costing, Finance FP&A and/or Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous product costing experience in manufacturing environment, plant controller or plant analyst experience is required
- Advanced Excel capabilities and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to travel 10 – 15%.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.