Plant Director, Phoenix, AZ
- Leadership: Provides overall leadership for manufacturing operations, including directing, implementing, and maintaining operational-level strategies and objectives. Measure and monitor performance against plan. Manage and control material, labor, and overhead costs. Develop working relationships with internal and external customers and foster positive associate relations.
- Continuous Improvement: Develop and implement methods and procedures to drive continuous improvement and lead cost reduction and Lean manufacturing initiatives. Optimize production and maintenance strategies to achieve lowest total cost while complying with quality standards, meeting or exceeding customer expectations, maintaining equipment reliability, and fostering employee accountability.
- Employee Development: Promote a culture of accountability and team work within the plant. Develop capabilities of frontline leadership through mentoring, training, and coaching. Develop working relationships with internal and external customers and foster positive associate relations.
- Customer Relationships: Engage with customers on a routine and ongoing basis to address product, quality, and service requirements. Develop and strengthen customer relationships by collaborating on opportunities to address issues and to improve service levels.
- Expertise in leading manufacturing operations, including production planning, safety initiatives, production scheduling, line setup and change out, production control, and production optimization.
- Expertise in manufacturing standards and metrics (e.g., KPIs) for safety, quality, production, labor and material variances, and employee relations and retention; establishes a culture of accountability through individual and team metrics.
- Significant experience engaging with customers to plan for and address product, quality, and service requirements and collaborate on service improvement opportunities.
- Expertise in forecasting, budgeting, and P&L management.
- Experience in applying Lean manufacturing concepts to reduce cost and improve productivity; experience developing and leading continuous improvement programs; demonstrated track record of driving positive change.
- Experience in maintenance and technical programs that support production operations.
- Experience in materials management, including procurement, inventory control, warehouse management, and inbound/outbound logistics.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment where quality, compliance, and safety are core values.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.
Education and other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technical or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in plant management or senior production operations management roles of increasing responsibility in food or CPG manufacturing environments.
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement/Lean methods and tools (Total Production Maintenance, Centerlines, CIL’s, Defect Handling, 5S, Quick Changeover)
- Has lead organizational transformation (change management) with successful results.
Relocation package provided.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.