Packer - seasonal student
Shearers Snacks is a privately held producer and marketer of quality snack foods sold in the US and international markets under the following brands: Shearers, Rice Works, Granny Goose, Thin & Crispy as well as other private label brands.
Visually inspect product, prepare boxes, packing product, final quality inspection and palletizing of product.
- Required to visually inspect the flow of product through various stages of the packaging process.
- Place proper quantities of product in each box; Check code dates, prices, fold and tape box
- Stack correct number of boxes appropriately on skids using correct stacking pattern.
- Required to rotate through the various packaging workstations on all packaging lines.
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping, light equipment cleaning as required
- Follow all work instructions
- Follow all company policies and procedures while working
- Completing all other duties as assigned
Experience, knowledge and skills
Strong communication skills – must be able to accurately express information concerning production quality and safety
Require good hand, eye coordination
Responsible for ensuring that the work they perform meets the Company’s finished product “Quality” expectations
Individual must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have good time management & organizational skills
Work well within a team environment
Physically capable of heavy lifting (25 lbs)
Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
Must follow all safety regulations while working
Shearer’s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
We are pleased that you are interested in joining our organization. The on-line application will take approximately 20 minutes. You will be asked a standard set of questions similar to those that you would find on an employment application.
The individual applying for the position must complete this on-line application personally. You will also be asked to provide work history information, so please refer to your resume when completing this on-line application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.