Ovenroom - seasonal student
Shearers Snacks is a privately held producer and marketer of quality snack foods sold in the US and international markets under the following brands: Shearers, Rice Works, Granny Goose, Thin & Crispy as well as other private label brands.
Batter and Crème Operators prepare batches following a recipe. The batter is sent to the oven to bake the wafer shell and the crème is applied once the wafer shell is baked. The Spreader Operator monitors the wafer shells from the oven, to the spreading of the crème and weight of the product before it is sent to the cooler and assembled in the packaging area. Only those properly trained are authorized to conduct Food Safety and Food Quality Checks.
Required to perform all duties required within the Baking Department. This would include, but may not be limited to Cream Spreader Operator, Batter System Operator, Crème System Operator
- Lift bagged ingredients with a weight of ~23kg to opening of mixing vessels. (example: bagged sugar, bagged flour, and bagged dextrose)
Measure ingredients following batter and crème recipes
- Maintain records of material use and production
- Assemble, disassemble, and clean tooling as required by production while keeping the work area clean
- Respond to machine faults
- Break regrind, push into regrinder and change regrind buckets as required
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping, light equipment cleaning as required
- Follow all company policies and procedures while working
- Completing all other duties as assigned
- Follow all work instructions
Experience, knowledge and skills
Strong communication skills – must be able to accurately express information concerning production quality and safety
Responsible for ensuring that the work they perform meets the Company’s product “Quality” expectations
Responsible for knowing Ovenroom lockout procedures
Must have basic computer skills
Must be able to perform simple calculations
Individual must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have good time management & organizational skills
Work well within a team environment
Physically capable of heavy lifting (50 lbs)
Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
Must follow all safety regulations while working
Shearer’s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
We are pleased that you are interested in joining our organization. The on-line application will take approximately 20 minutes. You will be asked a standard set of questions similar to those that you would find on an employment application.
The individual applying for the position must complete this on-line application personally. You will also be asked to provide work history information, so please refer to your resume when completing this on-line application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.