Newport/ Sanitation Supervisor
Under the direction of the Food Safety/Quality Assurance manager, this position supervises and coordinates activities of sanitation technicians engaged in conducting sanitation activities involved with bi-weekly cleaning functions, Master Cleaning Schedule tasks, and changeovers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance to Shearer’s safety policies and procedures including LOTO, proper PPE, and chemical safety
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all sanitation work
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation issues and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, water supply, or work practices
- Compiles reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps take to resolve deficiencies.
- Liasion for all pest control issues relating to internal reports and/or service reports provided by the third party pest control provider
- Supports, coaches, mentors and develops team members
- Utilize problem solving tools such as 5Ys and the Fishbone diagram
- Review of all spending in alignment with stated budget
- Four year degree in a related technical field such as engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- Two years of experience in sanitation management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage hourly sanitation techs in executing complex, projects, and improvements.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.