Newport/ Quality Assurance Supervisor
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for supporting the quality assurance and food safety program. This includes working with customers, suppliers, corporate personnel, and manufacturing staff. Responsibilities includes auditing of Quality systems such as, SQF (Safe Quality Foods), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for plant Quality department. Responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, production and facility monitoring.
- Function as direct supervisor of the hourly QA team members.
- Serves as SQF Practitioner.
- Conduct verification, validation of Food Safety Pre-requisite programs.
- Support HACCP policies and procedures.
- Serves as HACCP Team Member.
- Monitor, support and enforce all Shearer’s Foods food safety processes and procedures. This includes all AIB standards, SQF standards, and customer specific standards as identified in supporting documentation.
- Participate in weekly Food Safety Inspections.
- Ensure all quality procedures and processes are followed according to document policies.
- Ensures that all GMP and Safety standards are in compliance.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Designs and implements quality assurance training programs.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Coordinate and participate in mock recalls.
- Responds to customer requests and queries.
- Provides technical support to operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science Degree or other related degree.
- Direct experience with AIB, SQF or similar food industry production audits.
- Prefer SQF Practitioner Certification.
- Knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, cGMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control & Recall programs).
- Solid knowledge of Laboratory Procedures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both orally and written.
- Supervisory experience in a QA lab.
- Knowledge of FDA standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work.
- Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on food safety, quality assurance, and plant regulatory compliance.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience working directly with customers and supplier.
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Working knowledge of statistical software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand mathematical equations, especially basic statistical analysis.