MILLENNIUM - Maintenance Technician - Afternoon and Midnight Shifts #3088
Your Career Begins at Shearer's Snacks! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking MAINTENANCE team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Summary: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for eliminating minor stops and breakdown related losses. Maintenance Technicians must be self-starters and are responsible for maintaining and repairing specialized process and packaging equipment. This role will be responsible for answering calls, line improvements, and preventative maintenance work throughout the facility.
- Education & Experience: Must have the basic technical aptitudes (i.e. Electrical, Mechanical and pneumatic trouble shooting and programmable logic controls).
- Attendance – This is a skilled position that requires the team member be reliable on a constant basis. Team members will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection.
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand and effectively present technical information; one-on-one or in small groups. This team member will be required to knowledge share. Must also be able to communicate issues with production, supervision and maintenance if necessary.
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm – in., g-oz), and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Leadership – The Maintenance Technician must be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy. They must have a positive attitude and the ability to support team members by supporting procedures and policies of Shearers Snacks. They must display the ability to make decisions on the floor if needed with little input and communicate back to supervision as to why changes were made. This team member must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense trouble shooting and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations.
- Computer Skills – Must have basic PLC and programming experience. Will need to have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Time Management – Will have to effectively manage his/her own time with respect to down windows, startups and project management.
- Flexibility: Must be available for pre-shift meetings and able to work weekends, varied schedules, overtime and holidays when needed.
- Shift: Shift varies based on production demand.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, stoop, or kneel. The team member frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits: (Following 90 Day Introductory Period) - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Wellness Program, Flexible Spending Account, 401 (K) with Company match, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, Company Uniforms
(After One Year) - Paid Vacation
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required.
SHIFTS: Afternoons: 3:00pm- 11:00pm -or- Midnights: 11:00pm-7:00am
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.