Massillon/MILLENNIUM Packaging Team Members REQ#3413 - Nights - 7PM-7AM
Your Career Begins at Shearer's Snacks! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking PACKAGING TEAM MEMBERS who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
[Req#3413] Millennium Packaging Associate – Full Time, NIGHTS (12 hour shifts)- 7pm-7am
Are you a motivated, focused and eager person looking for something that’s never “just a job?” Then we want you to join our MILLENNIUM Plant Team located on MASSILLON, Ohio! Here’s a few reasons to consider Shearer’s Snacks:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be an integral part of producing the snacks America loves
- Feel like your contribution matters
- SHIFT: NIGHTS, 7pm-7am on a 2-2-3 working schedule
You might not have heard of us, but you’ve certainly tasted our snacks! In fact, we’re the largest producer of the private label snacks America loves and the largest producer of kettle cooked chips in the world, and we’re looking for Packaging Team Members for our MASSILLON, Ohio plant.
A Day in the Life of a Packaging Team Member
Packaging Team Members are directly involved in making sure every product that leaves Shearer’s Snacks is of the highest quality and ready to make people happy at their next picnic, birthday party or snack time. As one of these important team members, your day will include:
- Monitoring snacks traveling through the production process
- Packaging finished goods into cartons
- Checking, verifying, packing and moving product
- Inspecting finished product and assuring quality
- Taking pride in contributing to the overall cleanliness and efficient operation of your facility
- Supporting your team as needed
Bring Your Best
We want to build the best team in the industry, so we’re looking for people like you who not only can work as a part of a team, but also exhibit the following leadership behaviors:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Good communication skills
- Interest in or experience with technology
- Ability to think beyond the plan
- A high sense of integrity and the ability to act with urgency
- A drive to deliver the best result for the customer
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, growing business environment
- A hands on, “can do” attitude with a passion for problem solving
- A curiosity to learn more, with the ability to assess situations quickly
- Ability to support, encourage and invest in a strong team
On the Move
In order give your best, you must also be able to be on your feet for up to twelve (12) hours, keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and perform repetitious lifting up to 25+ pounds.
A pre-employment drug test and criminal background check are required.
A Well-Rounded Team
Here are a few other things that would make you an ideal Packaging Team Member at Shearer’s Snacks:
- Basic math and counting skills
- Prior manufacturing or warehouse experience
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearer’s Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like medical, prescription, dental, vision, group life and disability, 401(k) and company match, and a commitment to wellness.
A Little More About Us
Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.