Maintenance Supervisor - Brewster, OH
Maintenance Supervisor, Brewster, OH
Summary: Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor position supervises and coordinates activities of trades people/technicians engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and coaching and development of the Maintenance team.
This self-starter is responsible for leading the Maintenance team. This role will also deal with vendors, track MRO spend and help with compliance to the budget and own KPI’s for Maintenance and develop the team to meet the demands of an expanding business.
- Ensures compliance to Shearer’s safety policies and procedures including LOTO and hot work permit programs.
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes.
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all maintenance work.
- Provides specific recommendations for maintenance plan improvements based on machine performance, observations & data analysis.
- Ensures all work plans, specifications, labor& materials are accurately & consistently recorded against specified assets in Maintenance Connection.
- Drives the development & implementation of maintenance improvement processes aimed at improving overall equipment reliability.
- Supports, coaches, mentors and develops plant technical team members.
- Utilize problem solving tools such as 5Ys and the Fishbone diagram.
- Attend and provide input to assigned DDS meetings in support of operations.
- Fill-in for the maintenance manager in his/her absence.
- Partner with outside contractors to complete work as needed.
- Leadership– Demonstrates Shearer's Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back. Must have a positive attitude and the ability to support team members by supporting procedures and policies of Shearers Snacks. Must display the ability to make decisions on the floor if needed with little input and communicate back to supervision as to why changes were made. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times. Honesty, integrity, positive attitude, and an affinity for better self-development.
- CMMS - Proficient in CMMS maintenance systems. Utilize CMMS for daily direction setting. Pull data to measure performance based on KPI’s.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to challenge the status quo and work effectively with a wide array of plant personnel.
- MRO Knowledge - Excellent knowledge of MRO spending practices. Able to provide accurate reporting on a weekly basis for spend tracking. Insure there is no deviation from budget. Part of the budget design team for annual budget development.
- Technical Knowledge - Working knowledge of maintenance systems that will interact with the storeroom. Working knowledge of how the maintenance department functions.
- Communication - Strong written and verbal skills. Proficient computer skills including Maintenance Connection, Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of MRO inventory management and procurement processes.
- 2+ years related experience
- Four year degree in a related technical field such as engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- Two years of experience in maintenance management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage hourly maintenance techs in executing complex, projects, and improvements.
- Ability to work a varied schedule
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation