Maintenance Planner - Hermiston
Shearer's Snacks – Hermiston Plant – is currently seeking skilled Maintenance Planner who is eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment of our HERMISTON, OR manufacturing facility.
The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of reliability based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance. The Planner will work directly with the Plant Technical Team to scope, plan and schedule corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance, including the updating of corrective and preventative Job Plans with input based on feedback from the maintenance team. The planner will also be responsible to build and sustain a reliable CMMS system and planning team, including training and coaching of maintenance personnel.
Essential Job Duties
- Corrective, Predictive and Preventative maintenance job scoping planning and scheduling, including the estimation of labor, materials and cost of maintenance jobs.
- Work Order closeout and CMMS updating based on feedback from the maintenance team.
- Manage and Maintain the Plant CMMS as a Subject Matter Expert and Quality Assurance Officer.
- Train and Coach Maintenance team members on CMMS usage.
- Equipment and repair parts data entry and management.
- Generate reports and track metrics on Maintenance Effectiveness.
- Manage as required Maintenance projects that are not capital funded. Includes developing project scope, costing, timelines and implementation.
- Interface with project teams on new capital projects as required, update CMMS system with removed or new installations and coordinate use of maintenance resources as required.
- Fully participate in all Continuous Improvement and Safety efforts.
- Leverage TPM Tools and Early Management Processes per the plant’s master plan including Planned and Predictive Maintenance.
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Understand and maintain focus on achieving the company financial goals. Continually develop and implement ideas to reduce product-manufacturing cost, without exceeding budgeted dollar amounts.
- Rely on experience, judgment and ongoing education to plan and accomplish all goals as determined by management. A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected.
- Vendor Management: Source new vendors as required to support business needs.
- Partner with the Production and support teams to develop work order priorities that are aligned with business needs. This role is the key interface to plan the work for the technical teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to fully leverage a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Oracle or INFOR knowledge preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office® Product Skills.
- Strong knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Strong TPM Tools understanding including Planned and Predictive Maintenance pillars.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Ability to prepare detailed repair and metrics reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the Food Processing Industry is an asset.
- Kitting experience and parts management experience preferred.
Education and Experience
4 year degree preferred. Requires 5 or more years of relevant experience as a Maintenance Planner or Technical Team Leader.