Human Resources Manager-Lubbock
The position will work with the site leadership team and corporate resources to align the local human capital strategy with the needs of the business and execute that strategy accordingly. Specifically, carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: work force planning, staffing, associate engagement and development, benefits support and communications, compensation administration, and administrative compliance (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc).
• Develop strategic human capital initiatives and facilitate attainment of business goals and objectives.
• Conduct local labor market analysis in order to understand the competitive environment and drive effective recruiting and compensation programs.
• Communicate, interpret, and enforce all company policies and practices applicable to the site.
• In consultation with corporate resources and local leadership, develop and or execute site specific employment policies and practices.
• Develop a work force planning and staffing strategy that supports the needs of the business and execute that plan.
• Work with operations leaders to develop effective new hire on boarding programs.
• Oversee all corrective action, discipline, and termination decisions, and assure compliance with Company policy and best practices with regard to documentation.
• Counsel line management and associates in the application of company policies, procedures, processes, employee issues, and federal and state employment law.
• Oversee administrative process around data management including but not limited to new hire set up and associate information management, compensation and benefits administration, leave of absence management, and other similar requirements.
• Assure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and other federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the human element of our business.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business-related field is required.
• Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
• 3-5 years of experience as a professional HR role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA.
• Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the company and/or site.
• Demonstrated ability to deal directly with line management to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
• Strong project management and customer service skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace, results oriented environment.
Shearer’s provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.