Human Resources Manager - Brewster/Navarre
Human Resources Manager – Brewster/Navarre
Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will lead and drive Human Resource practices that provide a team oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards, along with the recruitment and onboarding strategy that enables the locations to maintain and develop an engaged workforce that will deliver strong company performance while demonstrating Shearer’s Snacks values.
The Human Resource (HR) Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes for a three-shift manufacturing plant and distribution facility for a total of 450 team members in a fast paced team environment. In addition, they will support the company’s evolving business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives. The ideal candidate will promote our corporate values and have a demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members and will serve as a knowledgeable resource to both the Brewster and Navarre Leadership Teams.
- Works cross functionally with business leaders and the HR team to establish the optimal organization design to support the strategy of Shearer’s Snacks.
- Champions and acts as role model for ensuring and developing a positive culture that is aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Proactively coaches leaders in areas such as organizational and intrapersonal communications, relationship building, talent management, succession planning and development of workforce.
- Develops and administers staffing programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Effective partner with plant and distribution center management staff in conducting investigations when associate complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans and employee development programs.
- Plan, develop and implement wage and salary programs to align with business strategy and external competitive concerns.
- Educate and monitor management actions and decisions to maintain compliance with legal requirements.
- Monitor and manage a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, and key employee retention and change management.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employee-employer (or leader-team member) relationship and promote high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Coach and teach leaders to effectively communicate in order to provide feedback, recognition, and engage with the team members who report to them.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the company’s overall business strategy and established goals.
- Identifies and monitors the organizations culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes team member satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree required; preference for PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certifications and/or Advanced degree.
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience focused in employee relations, performance management, and HR compliance, driving organizational change, and influencing organizations.
Demonstrated ability to lead and develop with outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
Specific requirements include
- Proven experience in a strategic Human Resources business partner role where business objectives were measured and evaluated.
- Demonstrated performance leading change initiatives within an organization.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to effectively implement HR strategies to support business goals.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and associate coaching skills.
- Results-driven, process-improvement focused, and able to build consensus.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation