The Human Resources Generalist assist the Human Resources Manager in administering HR policies, programs, initiatives including but not limited to performance appraisals, compensation, training, talent acquisition and development, work practices and employee assessment and selection to improve the organization capability. As well, responsible for helping to maintain an inclusive work environment/culture and help shape positive relationships, by balancing role as employee advocacy while aligning with company goals and values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with leading employee relations issues and guiding them to successful resolution.
- Assist with the compensation process for hourly associates.
- Assist with annual wage surveys for hourly wages utilizing local area resources and work with HR Manager to prepare an Hourly Wage Recommendation.
- Assist with developing/updating hourly job descriptions.
- Partner with the Safety, Sustainability, and Wellness & Continuous Improvement Manager to drive safety performance and employee accountability for safety throughout the plant.
- Oversee benefits and leave of absence administration, which include assisting employees in resolving benefit and leave issues and managing the Annual Open Enrollment process.
- Help drive compliance with FMLA and ADA regulations.
- Support leadership team in planning rewards and recognition initiatives to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- Assist with driving HR functional excellence through deployment of programs, ensuring quality of processes to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ensures data integrity of all HR systems and personnel records with timely and accurate data entry and frequent audits.
- Assist the HR function with the development and improvement of standard documents to help improve and sustain HR processes.
- Assist HR Manager in collection and analysis of data for KPI reports as well as organizational analysis.
- Leads the coordination of all employee meetings and company events.
- Maintains communication boards for the HR function.
- Manage hourly attendance tracking, issuing appropriate attendance warnings and notifying Department Managers/Supervisors of position demotions due to attendance in a timely manner.
- Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or related business or technical field preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources. Experience working in a Human Resources capacity supporting a Manufacturing facility is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail; thorough with execution of work and conscientious attending to detail.
- Must be open to change; effectively deals with ambiguity, adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected situations.
- Must possess the interpersonal savvy necessary to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must possess the ability to be cognizant of issues that may lead to workplace violence, harassment or hardships that employees experience.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on business needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to set well-defined and realistic personal goals; display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; sees the impact and effects of decisions.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point skills.