The position will work with the site Human Resources Manager, site Leadership Team, and Corporate Human Resources to align the local human capital strategy with the needs of the business and execute that strategy accordingly. Specifically, carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: staffing, associate engagement and development, employee relations, benefits support and communications, compensation administration, and administrative compliance (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc).
• Develop strategic human capital initiatives and facilitate attainment of business goals and objectives.
• Drive an actively engaged culture through positive interactions with the hourly workforce.
• Communicate, interpret, and enforce all company policies and practices applicable to the site.
• Manage headcount and execute staffing strategy that supports the needs of the business.
• Work with Operations Leaders to develop effective new hire on boarding programs.
• Lead Retention and Rewards and Recognition Employee Involvement Teams.
• Oversee all corrective actions/discipline to assure compliance with Company policy and best practices with regard to documentation.
• Counsel line management and associates in the application of company policies, procedures, processes, employee issues, and federal and state employment law.
• Oversee administrative process around data management including but not limited to new hire set up and associate information management, compensation and benefits administration, leave of absence management, and other similar requirements.
• Assure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and other federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the human element of our business.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business-related field is required.
• Minimum of 3 years Human Resources work experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
• Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of employees and management
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA
• Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the company and/or site
• Experience with HRIS systems, ADP preferably
• Demonstrated ability to deal directly with line management and hourly workforce to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change
• Strong project management and customer service skills
• Ability to manage priorities
• Ability to lead with empathy
• Ability to work in a fast-pace, results oriented environment
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation