Hermiston/ Safety & Wellness Manager
This role is accountable for leading a comprehensive factory safety and wellness process using a proactive approach. This role has an overall responsibility for leading with factory management the factory’s number one priority; the safety and well-being of all team members.
- Lead a caring safety culture that is focused on people
- Lead processes necessary to ensure a safe working environment
- Lead the facility to meet or exceed established corporate safety goals aligned with business need
- Lead processes necessary to be compliant with applicable federal, state and local safety requirements
- Lead programs to promote safe behaviors throughout the facility
- Lead programs to correct unsafe acts and unsafe conditions with the workplace
- Financial Controls and Budgeting: Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to maintain a safety budget with an emphasis on practical business and financial responsibility
- Lead a wellness culture to promote healthy lifestyles for all team members.
- Lead wellness programs to promote a healthy lifestyle for all team members.
- Lead the implementation of a wellness incentive program.
- Manage company sponsored health clinics where applicable
- Financial Controls and Budgeting: Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to maintain a wellness budget with an emphasis on practical business and financial responsibility
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Coaching and Leading others
- Caring positive approach
- Motivating others
- Wholes systems thinking
- Managing projects and processes
- Bachelor degree in Safety and Environmental Management or similar
- Four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lead others
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels
- Knowledge of OSHA and other State/Federal requirements
- Ability to work flexible schedule
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS – The Safety and Wellness Manager will have a direct reporting relationship with the Plant Manager of their facility and a dotted line to Shearer’s Vice President of Safety and Wellness.