Hermiston Packaging Associate
1st: 12:00 AM - 8:00 AM
2nd: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
3rd: 4:00 PM - 12:00 PM
Prepare cartons, packing product, final quality inspection and palletizing of product. Package materials and products manually. Only those properly trained are authorized to conduct Food Safety and Food Quality Checks.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Fill cartons/display cartons appropriately
- Ensure that products are packaged in boxes with appropriate corresponding labels; Fold, tape, and label cartons
- Place proper quantities of product in each carton/tray; properly packs bags; tapes and seals cartons.
- Place cartons on the work table.
- Check bag weights, codes, prices, bag and caddy seals.
- Stack correct number of cartons/trays appropriately on skids using correct stacking pattern.
- Assist in other areas as requested by Supervisors and Managers.
- Follows Shearer’s Food Safety and GMP programs
- Performs Shearer’s Sanitation Procedures
- Monitor product quality
- Monitor packaging quality
- Ensure packaged products meet MIP guidelines
Quality System Maintenance
- Serves as a member of the Food Safety Team
- Support Continuous Improvement Program
- Supports Shearer’s Foods Occupation Safety initiatives and programs
- High School or G.E.D. required
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when needed
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check
- Must be able to successfully complete an online Packer Assessment
EEO/ Drug Free Employer