Hermiston - MRO Purchaser
MRO Purchaser, Hermiston OR
DAY SHIFT 7am - 4pm(overtime as necessary)
This position reports directly to the Technical Manager. The MRO Purchaser provides leadership in establishing, organizing, planning, and implementing continuous improvement plans regarding the MRO operation. Provides specialized development and training needs in the area of MRO and ensures improvement initiatives surrounding Maintenance Connection with Maintenance Leads, Planners, and Stockroom Personnel to support the business. Duties include managing the replenishment of MRO parts and facilitate company strategies for MRO management. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact will all levels of management. The MRO Purchaser will maintain inventory control policies to assure accurate and controlled inventories. The MRO Purchaser will facilitate reporting on performance against operating and financial KPI measures and involved in cost reduction initiatives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Facilitate company strategies for Stockroom Improvement Initiatives.
- Integrate the Stockroom with the Maintenance Planning process.
- Handle Buyer responsibilities for all MRO purchases ensuring all required approvals are met prior to issuing purchase orders
- Provide training in Maintenance Connection to Stockroom, Planners, and Maintenance Personnel.
- Maintain the integrity of Shearer’s MRO material naming convention.
- Develop and understand MRO SOP’s and ensure all MRO SOP’s are followed.
- Analyze and recommend adjustments to inventory levels.
- Develop, maintain and communicate timely and accurate reporting of Stockroom KPI’s
- Identify and deplete obsolete/surplus inventory levels in coordination with maintenance
- Serve as a liaison between the Stockroom and Maintenance Planners to communicate part obsolescence, replacements, etc., and to assure equipment BOM’s are being maintained and updated.
- Conduct weekly review of cycle counts.
- Run open purchase order report and take proper action with suppliers documented suppliers who continually miss delivery dates. Share that information with corporate procurement.
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with all of Shearer’s associates.
- Actively supports all Maintenance and plant driven initiatives.
- Prioritize and oversee assigned daily work performed by Stockroom Clerk which includes Cycle Counting, picking parts for WO kits and accuracy, development and training needs.
- Ensures MSDS requirements are maintained
- Work closely with Technical Manager on all matters related to employee staffing, discipline, etc.
- Work with the Engineering Department on Engineering methods and standards that ensures successful critical spare parts implementation and material obsolescence.
- Lead re-engineering / alternate vendor initiatives to optimize inventory.
- Work closely with vendors to optimize inventory cost.
- Ensure all Stockroom clerks comply with all Shearer’s policies, procedures, and GMPs.
- Ensure all Stockroom clerks perform all work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Control and approve all requests for new part adds, deletions, and obsoletes within thresholds.
- Work closely with Finance Department to research and validate invoices for MRO purchased materials.
- Run open purchase order reports and create requisitions to bring stock back to appropriate levels.
- Ensure each stocked material has a valid min/max and adjust as necessary.
- Develop and implement cost saving measures.
- Develop and implement a defined material kitting process for planned work orders.
- Manage the MRO budget and provide feedback/analysis to the Technical Manager.
- Provides guidance and training to Stockroom clerk.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. However, the position does have strong influence around providing direction, mentoring, and coaching.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements :
- Ability to fully leverage a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Maintenance Connection preferred.
- Proficiency in MRO Inventory Management
- Strong familiarity with multiple MRO commodities
- Proficiency in MRO Requisitioning & Purchasing
- Experience in sourcing and buying indirect materials
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong goal attainment orientation with team focus
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated; comfortable guiding an autonomous Stockroom Team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
Education and Experience;
High School Diploma or GED required.
Requires 2 or more years of relevant experience as a MRO Purchaser.
4 year degree preferred.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time, using a computer and the telephone. May be required to lift items weighing up to 20 pounds.
Work environment will generally be an office; however, daily job scoping will require plant floor time, which may be noisy and hot.
Approximately 5% travel time to support training programs or self-development or to benchmark other Snyder’s-Lance facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.