Hermiston Maintenance Supervisor
Maintenance Supervisor - Hermiston, OR
Summary: Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this position supervises and coordinates activities of trades people/technicians engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and coaching and development of the Maintenance team.
The Maintenance Supervisor must be a self-starter and is responsible for leading the Maintenance team. The Maintenance Supervisor will also deal with vendors, track MRO spend and help with compliance to the budget. The Maintenance Supervisor will own KPI’s for Maintenance and develop the team to meet the demands of a expanding business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance to Shearer’s safety policies and procedures including LOTO and hot work permit programs.
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes.
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all maintenance work.
- Provides specific recommendations for maintenance plan improvements based on machine performance, observations & data analysis.
- Ensures all work plans, specifications, labor & materials are accurately & consistently recorded against specified assets in Maintenance Connection.
- Drives the development & implementation of maintenance improvement processes aimed at improving overall equipment reliability.
- Supports, coaches, mentors and develops plant technical team members.
- Utilize problem solving tools such as 5Ys and the Fishbone diagram.
- Attend and provide input to assigned DDS meetings in support of operations.
- Fill-in for the maintenance manager in his/her absence.
- Partner with outside contractors to complete work as needed.
- Attendance – This is a skilled position that requires the team member be reliable on a constant basis. Team members will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection.
- Leadership – The Maintenance Supervisor must demonstrate Shearer's Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back. They must have a positive attitude and the ability to support team members by supporting procedures and policies of Shearers Snacks. They must display the ability to make decisions on the floor if needed with little input and communicate back to supervision as to why changes were made. This team member must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times. Honesty, integrity, positive attitude, and an affinity for better self-development.
- CMMS - Proficient in CMMS maintenance systems. Utilize CMMS for daily direction setting. Pull data to measure performance based on KPI’s.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to challenge the status quo and work effectively with a wide array of plant personnel.
- MRO Knowledge - Excellent knowledge of MRO spending practices. Able to provide accurate reporting on a weekly basis for spend tracking. Insure there is no deviation from budget. Part of the budget design team for annual budget development.
- Technical Knowledge - Working knowledge of maintenance systems that will interact with the storeroom. Working knowledge of how the maintenance department functions.
- Communication - Strong written and verbal skills. Proficient computer skills including Maintenance Connection, Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of MRO inventory management and procurement processes.
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- 2+ years related experience
- Four year degree in a related technical field such as engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- Two years of experience in maintenance management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage hourly maintenance techs in executing complex, projects, and improvements.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
Benefits: After a 90 Day Introductory Period: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Supplemental Life, Critical Illness/Accident Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, and 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Company Uniforms
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required
EEO/ Drug Free Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.