Hermiston - Maintenance Scheduler
Maintenance Scheduler - Hermiston, OR (DAY Shift)
Your Career begins at Shearer's Snacks! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Hermiston Plant in HERMISTON, OR is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Shearer's Snacks – Hermiston Plant – is currently seeking skilled Maintenance Scheduler who is eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment of our HERMISTON, OR manufacturing facility.
MAINTENANCE SCHEDULER DAY SHIFT 7am - 4pm (overtime as necessary, schedule may change to meet the needs of the team)
The Maintenance Scheduler is responsible for coordinating maintenance activities with production and quality by managing business risk and optimizing maintenance resources. The Scheduler will work directly with the Plant Technical Team and each department decision maker to minimize interruptions to the production schedule.
Essential Job Duties:
SHIFT WILL BE DAYS 7am -4pm (overtime as necessary, schedule may change to meet the needs of the team)
- Works closely with each department to minimize interruptions to the production schedule
- Optimizes Maintenance work within the existing opportunities present in the production schedule
- Matches the ready-to-schedule work to the resources available (maintenance labor hours)
- Maximizes the utilization of the maintenance labor resources
- Proactively initiates preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance work (avoiding failure)
- Manages and communicates risks of unplanned downtime based on equipment condition
- Maintains a list of fill-in-work to use when schedule problems arise
- Maintains good relationships with production leaders, able to respectfully negotiate and achieve alignment.
- Ensures all maintenance resources are scheduled at 100% capacity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Scope of Responsibility:
This role is the key interface which works closely with each department to minimize interruptions to the production schedule.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Formal Maintenance Planning training
- Strong working knowledge of Maintenance Connection
- Strong verbal communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple resources, schedules and possible scenarios
- Broad experience of production schedules, plant activities, and product mix
- Strong Microsoft Office® Product Skills.
- Knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment and processes preferred
- Experience in the Food Processing Industry preferred
Education and Experience:
- High School or GED Required
- Requires 2 or more years of relevant experience as a Maintenance Scheduler.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, using a computer and the telephone. May be required to lift items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Work environment will generally be maintenance shop floor; however, daily job scoping will require plant floor time, which may be noisy and hot.
- Approximately 5% travel time to support training programs or self-development or to benchmark other Snyder’s-Lance facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required