Hermiston Maintenance Planner
Maintenance Planner - Hermiston, OR
Job Summary(State overall purpose of the job in 2-3 sentences)
The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of reliability based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance. The Planner will work directly with the Plant Technical Team to scope, plan and schedule corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance, including the updating of corrective and preventative Job Plans with input based on feedback from the maintenance team. The planner will also be responsible to build and sustain a reliable CMMS system and planning team, including training and coaching of maintenance personnel.
Essential Job Duties(Most important job duties explained clearly and concisely)
- Corrective, Predictive and Preventative maintenance job scoping planning and scheduling, including the estimation of labor, materials and cost of maintenance jobs.
- Work Order closeout and CMMS updating based on feedback from the maintenance team.
- Manage and Maintain the Plant CMMS as a Subject Matter Expert and Quality Assurance Officer.
- Train and Coach Maintenance team members on CMMS usage.
- Equipment and repair parts data entry and management.
- Generate reports and track metrics on Maintenance Effectiveness.
- Manage as required Maintenance projects that are not capital funded. Includes developing project scope, costing, timelines and implementation.
- Interface with project teams on new capital projects as required, update CMMS system with removed or new installations and coordinate use of maintenance resources as required.
- Fully participate in all Continuous Improvement and Safety efforts.
- Leverage TPM Tools and Early Management Processes per the plant’s master plan including Planned and Predictive Maintenance.
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Understand and maintain focus on achieving the company financial goals. Continually develop and implement ideas to reduce product-manufacturing cost, without exceeding budgeted dollar amounts.
- Rely on experience, judgment and ongoing education to plan and accomplish all goals as determined by management. A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected.
- Vendor Management: Source new vendors as required to support business needs.
- Partner with the Production and support teams to develop work order priorities that are aligned with business needs. This role is the key interface to plan the work for the technical teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Scope of Responsibility(Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions made to the organization)
This position has a direct impact on scheduled work and direction to the technical teams which could include the scheduling of resources and overtime.
Supervisory Responsibility(List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised)
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. However, the position does have strong influence around providing direction, mentoring, and coaching.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job – analytical skills, attention to detail, specific technical skills, etc.)
- Ability to fully leverage a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Oracle or INFOR knowledge preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office® Product Skills.
- Strong knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Strong TPM Tools understanding including Planned and Predictive Maintenance pillars.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Ability to prepare detailed repair and metrics reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the Food Processing Industry is an asset.
- Kitting experience and parts management experience preferred.
Education and Experience(Minimum and preferred educational requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
4 year degree preferred. Requires 5 or more years of relevant experience as a Maintenance Planner or Technical Team Leader.
Physical Demands(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
Must be able to sit for long periods of time, using a computer and the telephone. May be required to lift items weighing up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully perform the essential functions of the job-indicate office, shop floor, other)
Work environment will generally be an office; however, daily job scoping will require plant floor time, which may be noisy and hot.
Travel Required(Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is required)
Approximately 5% travel time to support training programs or self-development or to benchmark other Snyder’s-Lance facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits: After a 90 Day Introductory Period: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Supplemental Life, Critical Illness/Accident Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, and 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Company Uniforms
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required!
EEO/ Drug Free Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.