Focused Improvement Lead
This position is responsible for leading Focused Improvement initiatives at the facility level, providing direction, support, and execution at the site. The overall objective is to drive continuous improvement in Shearer’s manufacturing system using company systems in conjunction with industry Best Practices.
• Function as a key member of the site leadership team.
• Work with facility operations leaders to drive Lean / FI initiatives.
• Be a leader with regard to communication and establishment of a culture of CI.
• Provide analysis of current state and recommendations for improvements.
• Maintain and communicate metrics which record successes and track progress.
• Develop and implement associate engagement techniques such as Kaizen, FIT, SMED, Problem solving, and other similar programs or teams, harness the intellectual energy of ALL associates to drive continuous improvement.
• Work with corporate resources, consultants and other third parties to drive Lean / CI initiatives.
• Implement Health Checks to ensure the work processes consistently and effectively, deliver business results.
• Lead problem solving capability building in organization such as Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, SMED and Six Sigma skills; develop methodology, perform training, coaching and assessment.
• Facilitate internal and external benchmarking and replication activities.
• As a result of the above activities and processes, execute programs that result in measurable increases in performance.
• Five to ten years of manufacturing leadership experience as a production manager, supervisor, or similar role, in a consumer product manufacturing facility.
• Significant experience with continuous improvement tools such as kaizen, 5S, six sigma, and other such associate engagement and process improvement techniques.
• Four year degree in engineering, operations management, or similar field.
• Applicable academic and / or professional experience in food science, engineering, or general business.
• Great analytical skills and ability to understand complex manufacturing systems.
• Proven leadership experience and ability to lead cross functional teams through influence, not just in direct reporting relationships.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule as needed to support a 24 / 7 operation.
• Must follow all safety regulations while working
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation