Supply Chain Finance, Finance Manager
As a key member of the Supply Chain Finance leadership team, the Finance Manager will work directly with several Plant Directors and their operation teams (production, maintenance, etc.) from the company’s eleven manufacturing facilities to support the Supply Chain Executive Leadership team including Manufacturing VP’s, Continuous Improvement, Procurement, Quality, SI&OP, Finance/Accounting teams, special projects and corporate initiatives.
Primary areas of responsibility include building cross-functional business partnerships, financial analysis and planning (weekly, monthly, annual), variance analysis, monthly and weekly reporting and forecasting, maintenance of standard product costing models, evaluation of plant’s productivity targets, review of the weekly production accounting process, cost center reviews, month-end journal entries and special projects. This position will report to the Director, Supply Chain Finance. The Finance Manager will work collaboratively with their fellow Finance Managers on the Supply Chain Finance team and lead 2-3 Senior Financial Analysts which are located both on-site and remote (plant-based).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain analytical tools utilizing both financial and operational data to identify opportunities for improvement and attainment of annual targets.
- Implement standardized processes and reporting across multiple manufacturing locations.
- Develop a high performing team: establish objectives and accountability, coach, teach and develop team members.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across the company to investigate variances and streamline and standardize processes across all the plants.
- Increase Supply Chain Finance productivity by evaluating current process, eliminating duplication and coordinating information requests requirements.
- Co-lead annual planning process with other Supply Chain Finance Managers through comprehensive review of financial data to drive a structured, well-documented, straightforward approach to the annual operational budget process.
- Maintain the standard costing model: material usage, labor and overhead rates.
- Partner with Plant Directors to improve internal controls, investigate variances and develop ad-hoc requests from manufacturing plant sites.
- Demonstrate a change management mindset, be change agile and maintain flexibility and “can-do” attitude in managing multiple projects and changing priorities in order to respond to changing business needs and industry dynamics.
- Minimum of 7-10+ years of progressive managerial responsibility in Product Costing, Finance FP&A and/or Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in coaching, teaching and developing direct reports.
- Previous product costing experience in manufacturing environment, plant controller or plant analyst experience a plus.
- Relevant experience required in industry and/or public accounting. Work experience in cost accounting, analytics and/or strategic business consulting is preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines.
- Ability to lead and collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment both within the Finance/Accounting and across the business.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to develop timelines, coordinate special projects, anticipate issues, take initiative and hold individuals accountable.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation