Continuous Improvement Manager
This position is responsible for leading the Shearer Perfection System within a manufacturing plant, providing overall direction, support, and execution leadership, focusing on the six SPS pillars – leadership, SSW (Safety, Sustainability, and Wellness), people, quality, maintenance, and focused improvement. The overall objective is to drive continuous improvement in Shearer’s manufacturing system.
- On a regular and ongoing basis, have a detailed understanding of the metrics and measures that underlie the six SPS pillars.
- Utilizing associate engagement techniques such as Kaizen, FIT, Safety Committee, Green Team, 5S, and other similar programs or teams, harness the intellectual energy of ALL associates to drive continuous improvement.
- Function as a key member of the plant leadership team.
- Utilize the STAR methodology, and teach / coach others in this process: Study, Trial, Act, Reward, as follows:
- Study – observe, measure, look at history, talk to operators
- Trial – root cause, brainstorm, prioritize
- Act - train, execute, track
- Reward – publicize, celebrate
- Develop scorecards around the SPS pillars and communicate throughout the organization.
- Utilizing the Skill Matrix, facilitate the tracking and assessment of associate’s technical skills, and provide recommendations for technical development.
- As a result of the above activities and processes, execute programs and drive continuous improvement as defined by the key performance indicators.
- Minimum of one year of manufacturing leadership experience as a production supervisor, production manager, or similar role, in a food manufacturing facility.
- Significant experience with continuous improvement tools such as kaizen, 5S, six sigma, and other such associate engagement and process improvement techniques.
- Four year degree or the equivalent in experience.
- Applicable academic and / or professional experience in food science, engineering, or general business.
- Great analytical skills and ability to understand complex manufacturing systems.
- Proven leadership experience and ability to lead cross functional teams through influence, not just in direct reporting relationships.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule as needed to support a 24 / 7 operation.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation