This position is responsible for the development and execution of strategy to drive sales of private label and branded products to the leading Food Service distributors. It is expected that this individual will be able to forge relationships broadly and, at increasingly higher levels within the customer’s organization. The candidate must remain actively involved in customer service, production, quality assurance, and logistics situations.
*This role is remote and can sit from any location within the US*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 60% travel
- Develop an indepth knowledge of Shearer’s business model and how it pertains to potential customers, with an awareness of the differentiators that separate Shearer’s from its competitors.
- Through market analytics and knowledge of the marketplace, identify potential new business.
- Utilizing Category Management tools and knowledge of customer needs, develop and present strategies to Foodservice that secures additional business for Shearers.
- Utilize joint business planning principles. Stay connected within the industry by managing and driving sales thruattending relevant trade shows and conferences, keeping abreast of industry developments and appropriate industry literature.
- Bachelors degree and 7+ years experience, scope and scale aligned
- Significant sales experience required, preferably with in the Food Service industry. Optimum candidate has experience managing broker network to maximize sales, negotiating distributor marketing programs and proven track record in working jointly with foodservice accounts to achieve sales growth year over year.
- Must have solid business and financial accumen in order to manage customer profitability.
- Must understand manufacturing, QA, and logistics in order to provide problem-solving support for customers.
- Able to work well with others in the spirit of collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to listen attentively to others; to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner; to understand business situations; and to create enthusiasm for the company (with customers) or for the customers (within the company).
- Organized, dependable, self-motivated, professional person with the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation