Maintenance Supervisor - Burlington
**This Maintenance Supervisor position is for the night shift. Great schedule with consecutive days off every weekend!
Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
The Company offers its customers a unique value proposition that includes innovation, product development, manufacturing, and category management expertise.
Summary: Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this position supervises and coordinates activities of trades people/technicians engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and coaching and development of the Maintenance team.
The Maintenance Supervisor must be a self-starter and is responsible for leading the Maintenance team. The Maintenance Supervisor will also deal with vendors, track MRO spend and help with compliance to the budget. The Maintenance Supervisor will own KPI’s for Maintenance and develop the team to meet the demands of an expanding business.
Shift: Night shift offering great work life balance. This individual will rotate the following schedule every other week. Week one work hours, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5 PM to 5 AM and off Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday up until 5 PM. Week two work hours; Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from 5 PM to 5 AM and off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday up until 5 PM. This is a non-exempt, salaried position working 48/36 hours every other week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance to Shearer’s safety policies and procedures including LOTO and hot work permit programs.
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes.
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all maintenance work.
- Provides specific recommendations for maintenance plan improvements based on machine performance, observations & data analysis.
- Ensures all work plans, specifications, labor & materials are accurately & consistently recorded against specified assets in Maintenance Connection.
- Drives the development & implementation of maintenance improvement processes aimed at improving overall equipment reliability.
- Supports, coaches, mentors and develops plant technical team members.
- Utilize problem solving tools such as 5Ys and the Fishbone diagram.
- Attend and provide input to assigned DDS meetings in support of operations.
- Fill-in for the maintenance manager in his/her absence.
- Partner with outside contractors to complete work as needed.
Be part of a values based culture where people and communities are considered important stakeholders and respect, teamwork, and giving back are key cultural guideposts.
- 2+ years related experience
- Four year degree in a related technical field such as engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- Two years of experience in maintenance management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage hourly maintenance techs in executing complex, projects, and improvements.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation