Burlington, IA Electrician/Electronics Tech
POSITION SUMMARY—Extensive electrical knowledge-PLC’s, line controls, AC/DC drives, motor starters, motion controls, temperature controls, all types of sensors, electrical theory and properties. Troubleshoot, repair, installs, adjusts, maintains, overhauls, calibrates, and programs automated baking, packaging and other assigned equipment. Works with all personnel to help the plant improve and run more efficiently. Works as needed in a mechanical capacity as well. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to use manuals to learn and master new electrical components not previously used
- Extensive knowledge of electrical schematics-to be able to create, change, and correct electrical schematics
- Electrical construction-conduit bending and installation, wire pulling, etc.
- Mechanical skills
- Maintains all work areas to expected levels of organization and cleanliness
- Completes all required documentation for purposes of traceability, activity and maintenance records
- Works with little supervision
- Can operate a forklift, manlift, and ladders as needed
- Completes all work orders and preventative maintenance orders, and documents when and why not completed
- Works with management to improve work area, safety, quality, cost, and productivity
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
- Backfill for vacations for other Technicians.
EDUCATION---- High School or equivalent, 2+ year degree or equivalent
EXPERIENCE---- 2+ years of electrician experience in a manufacturing environment
REQUIRED SKILLS ---- Ability to work at high levels under stressful situations, dependable, good written and oral communication skills
5:30PM-5:30AM Sun, Mon, Tues and e/o Wednesday or 5:30PM-5:30AM Thurs, Fri, Sat and e/o Wednesday