Plant Production Planner
The Plant Production Planner position is accountable for acting as the interface between the plant operations, maintenance, sanitation, procurement teams and the corporate scheduling, customer service, sales and operations planning teams. The Plant Planner is responsible for assessing plant capacity opportunities or restriction and using this information to coordinate with the corporate team ensuring customer service goals are met while still ensuring optimization of the plant manufacturing process.
- Coordinates production schedules with plant operating capacities
- Works with Customer Service to understand customer requirements
- Develops specific production schedule that aligns with customer orders and optimize plant productivity
- Utilizes existing ERP process and protocols in conjuction with alternative methods to communicate the specific schedule to the plant operations, maintenance, sanitation and purchasing departments.
- Monitors progress, adjusts schedules when needed and communicates status and changes to Customer Service, Plant Operations, Warehousing / Distribution, and other groups as necessary
- Develops ideas for continuous improvement in order to optimize planning, manufacturing preventative maintenance and sanitation processes
- Reviews documents such as production schedules and work orders to determine personnel or material requirements or material priorities and collaborate with both plant and corporate teams to ensure minimal impact to both plant operations and customers.
- Work with plant and corporate for delivery or distribution of supplies to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules
- Confers with department managers and supervisors to assess progress and discuss needed changes
- Collaborates with plant improvement team to establish 3-5 year throughput glidepaths
- Compiles and relays glidepath data to S&OP team for capacity analysis
- Collaborates with the plant operations, maintenance, quality, sanitation and purchasing departments to create comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual schedules comprised of production, sanitation, planned downtime and personnel needs.
- Examines documents, materials or products and monitors work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications
- Calculates figures such as required amounts of materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, using pricing schedules, excel spreadsheets, pivot tables, etc.
- Compiles information such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information so that status reports can be completed
- Plans production commitments for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts
- Provides documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Planning and Scheduling in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with ERP tools
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation