Bristol Maintenance Tech
Are you a motivated, focused and eager person looking for something that’s never “just a job?” Then we want you! Here’s a few reasons to consider Shearer’s Snacks:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be an integral part of producing the snacks America loves
- Feel like your contribution matters
You might not have heard of us, but you’ve certainly tasted our snacks! In fact, we’re the largest producer of the private label snacks America loves and the largest producer of kettle cooked chips in the world, and we’re looking for Maintenance Techs for our Bristol, VA location.
Bring Your Best
We want to build the best team in the industry, so we’re looking for people like you who not only work as a part of a team, but also exhibit the following leadership behaviors:
- Good communication skills
- Interest in or experience with technology
- Ability to think beyond the plan
- A high sense of integrity and the ability to act with urgency
- A drive to deliver the best result for the customer
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, growing business environment
- A hands on, “can do” attitude with a passion for problem solving
- A curiosity to learn more, with the ability to assess situations quickly
- Ability to support, encourage and invest in a strong team
A Well-Rounded Team
Here are a few other things that would make you an ideal Maintenance Tech at Shearer’s Snacks:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, twelve hour alternating shifts of thirty six hours one week and 48 hours the nest week from 4:00pm to 4:00am, mandatory overtime is required.
Required Education and Experience High school diploma/GED and completion of an associated degree focused in electro mechanical maintenance or a skilled craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
Manufacturing experience in an industrial environment with strong electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical skills.
Preferred Education and Experience An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance.
- PLC experience
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearer’s Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Group Life and Disability, Retirement Savings, and a commitment to wellness.
A Little More About Us…
Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.