Brewster Sanitation Technician
Your Career Begins at Shearer's Snacks! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Brewster Plant in BREWSTER, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Shearer's Snacks – Brewster Plant – is currently seeking skilled Sanitation Technicians who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment of our BREWSTER, OHIO manufacturing facility.
Summary: The Sanitation Technician is responsible for thoroughly cleaning all equipment throughout the facility. This individual will be using chemicals and power washers to ensure the cleanliness of all our equipment along with the rest of the facility. The sanitation technician will work with the production team to assure that all proper checks and cleans are in place and communicated on a regular basis. Additional duties include training and preparing for audits, documenting results in record keeping database and other duties as assigned. The team member will be expected to keep the work area clean at all times at a level consistent with the high standards of food manufacturing. This position reports to the Sanitation Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Attendance – This is a skilled position that requires the Team Member be reliable on a constant basis
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm – in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates
- Leadership: Must be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy. Sanitation Technicians will need to follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Foods LLC and must have the ability to work well with others
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to Team Members in immediate area
- Time Management – Must be able to follow standard work instructions
- Flexibility - Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed
- Shift Available - Dayshift 8:00am to 4:00pm 12 hour shifts on Weekends* Shift may vary based on the production needs
- Physical Demands - The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 60+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
Benefits: (Following 90 Day Introductory Period) - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Wellness Program, Flexible Spending Account, 401 (K) with Company match, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, Company Uniforms
(After One Year) - Paid Vacation
A pre-employment drug test and criminal background check are required.
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.