BI Developer Analyst
BI Developer Analyst
This position requires development and support of information systems including in-house developed and vendor provided solutions. The BI Developer works with the business to identify, scope, and develop new opportunities as well as support existing systems. Other responsibilities of a BI Developer include writing reports, data mining to help with business issues, maintaining and comply with coding standards for Shearers Foods Inc. IT staff, research new technologies, development and support for new and existing technologies, and any other duties as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and support integration solutions for existing and new technologies.
- Understand ETL concepts and how best to transform data for reporting and supporting systems using SSIS.
- Perform tasks to process data between multiple Business Applications to create a seamless work experience for the company.
- Work closely with the company’s Business Units in identifying metrics and analyzing data for use in Power-BI, SSRS reports, and System Integrations.
- Have strong database skills and understand Data Warehouse concepts to best utilize data in Power-BI and SSRS reports.
- Testing and validation of data in reports developed both by the developer and other team members.
- Participating in resolving technical issues that arise during development.
- Document, resolve, and/or escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Seeks opportunities to introduce new technologies to increase productivity, streamline processes, promote efficiencies, and increase quality.
- Degree in computer science, related technical degree or comparable work experience.
- 6 years of relevant work experience in database development, design, and integration.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Proven understanding and experience with Microsoft SQL Server concepts including (but not limited to):
- Ability to write complex T-SQL pulling from multiple data sources.
- Experience with advanced database programming: Functions, Procedures, CLRs, and
- Experience utilizing data from a data warehouse for reporting.
- Experience in ETL, both in importing data into a warehouse, reports, and supporting business systems.
- Experience with MS Team Foundation Server.
- Visual Studio .NET / Custom CLR processes for SQL Server.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation