Assistant Plant Manager- Newport, AR
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful leader with at least 8 years of increasing management responsibility in manufacturing operations. The successful candidate will possess the ability to lead by example on the floor and proactively drive continuous improvement within a food manufacturing environment.
The Assistant Plant Manager is a member of the Plant Leadership Team. They lead the deployment of the Shearer’s Performance System. They work together with the pillar leaders to build and sustain the plant’s TPM/High Performing Work culture. The Assistant Plant Manager reports directly to the Plant Director and receives guidance from corporate Pillar Center of Excellence.
The Assistant Plant Manager role is critical to the overall success of the site by leading the SPS program at site level, developing a holistic SPS Master Plan for the site with all pillars and delivering and sustaining expected business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Plant Manager coaches and leads the continuous improvement mindset; creating a learning organization and zero loss mindset by engaging the site in creating a high performing work culture.
Facilitates/Trains/Coaches the following:
- Development and execution of SPS site master plan
- Assess pillar leads capability and provide constructive feedback to site leadership and corporate pillar leader to prepare capability development plan
- Drive behavioral change across the plant, including support functions, through coaching and influencing the plant leadership team to ensure successful delivery of pillar objectives across the site including the mitigation of issues before / as they arise
- Accountable for the successful linkage of the pillars across the site – ensuring all pillars are aligned to the step change in behaviors across the site for successful delivery of pillar alignment across the site
- Ensure alignment of plant pillars with corporate pillar direction
- Facilitate internal and external benchmarking and replication activities.
Leads and Develops Team Members & Peers
- Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization through both oral and written means
- Guide and mentor employees involved in SPS/TPM activities
- Builds rapport and collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams
- Coaches and develops the leadership team to build an engaged and high performing work culture
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 8 years experience in a manufacturing leadership role
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a TPM/HPWS strategy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
- Ability to coach peers and teams in executing complex programs
- Manufacturing management experience
- Understanding of Financials and Budgeting process
- Action Oriented, Drive for Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity and Conflict Management
- Motivation Others, Building Effective Teams, Directing Others
- Organizational Agility
- Organized, Priority Setting, Managing and Measuring Work
- Timely Decision Making, Informing, Written Communications
- High Learning Agility
- Experience with organizational transformation (change management); TPM/High Performance Working Systems is a plus
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation