Operate potato chip fryer for the purpose of making high quality snacks. Only those properly trained are authorized to conduct Food Safety and Food Quality Checks.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor fryer temperatures and oil temperatures to ensure proper oil temperatures are met in order to maintain consistency in product.
- Cleans and changes slicing heads every hour to guarantee standard slicing consistency.
- Adds required amounts of seasoning and salt.
- Assist in other areas as requested by Supervisors and Managers
- Perform HACCP Checks and Documentation
- Perform daily line certifications
- Perform sanitation duties
- Follow all Shearer’s processing guidelines and GMPs
- Ensure all products are produced to Shearer’s quality specifications
- Monitor all processing parameters and make adjustments to keep product in specifications
- Perform quality testing to ensure compliance with Shearer’s “Critical Quality Procedures”. This includes catch samples, moisture tests, salt analysis, caustic analysis, etc.
- Participate in “Pit Tests” as required and perform corrective actions as needed
- Monitor product appearance, texture, taste and other quality attributes as defined in the product specification.
Quality System Maintenance
- Serves as a member of the Food Safety Team
- Support Continuous Improvement Program
- Responsible to follow Shearer’s Occupational Safety Programs
- High School or G.E.D. required
- Previous food handling experience required
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when needed
- A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check
EEO/ Drug Free Employer