Hermiston Packaging Machine Operator
The PMO will be responsible for running, changing overm efficiency and quality of 3-5 packaging machines. They will have the responsibility of communicating changes and plans to associates in immediate area and supervision. There will be a required set of tasks to be performed on a computer at specific times throughout the shift.
- Good attendance is a must for the PMO. This is a skilled position that requires the associate to be reliable on a constant basis. Associates will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection
- Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to associates in immediate area. The PMO is also responsible for communicating issues to supervision and maintenance when they arise
- Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm-in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute running rates.
- The PMO will be the example for the line, as such they will need to follow all policies, and procedures set forth by Shearer's Foods, Inc. The PMO must have the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations.
- Must have ability to work through problems backwards to find the root causes and address issues.
- Must have basic computer skills required to run production. Verifications on computer will be done routinely throughout the day.
- The PMO must be able to Move, twist, or lift up to 60lbs.
- The PMO will have to effectively manage his/her own time. Quality verifications will be performed at specific intervals through the day. The PMO is responsible for completing changeovers in allotted time as well as planning his/her breaks around lulls in activity
- The PMO may need to be flexible for the training period, and be available for pre shift meetings when applicable
- Follows Shearer’s Food Safety and GMP programs
- Performs Shearer’s Sanitation Procedures
- Performs Line Certification
- Perform HACCP checks and documentation
- Net Weight Checks
- Follows MIP Guidelines
- Monitors product quality
- Reports quality issues to supervisor and/or processor
- Performs Operator Checks on each startup or shift change.
Quality System Maintenance
- Serves as a member of the Food Safety Team
- Support Continuous Improvement Program
- Supports Shearer’s Foods Occupation Safety initiatives and programs.
- High School or G.E.D. College is preferable but not necessary
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when needed
- A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check